The Lowly One
It's the lowest score a judge can award, but how often have we actually seen a judge raise their paddle with the number 1 on it?
There have actually been only nine 1's given in the entire history of Strictly! I wonder if you can guess which judges have awarded that mark to contestants? Well, Craig has given eight of the nine 1's, while Arlene awarded the final one.
Only eight dances have scored the lowly 1:
- Quentin & Hazel in the first week of series two, with their Cha Cha Cha routine, received a one from both Craig and Arlene, and scored a total of just 8 points.
- Fiona & Brendan in the second week of series three, with their Rumba routine was awarded a one by Craig, and received a total score of 13.
- Gary & Karen in the first week of series six, with their Cha Cha Cha performance also received a one from Craig, although the other judges gave them either 5's or 6's, and the total score was 17.
- John & Kristina in the eighth week of series six, with their Cha Cha Cha, while getting a slightly better reception from the other judges, it was another 1 from Craig, and a total score of just 12 points.
- Ann & Anton in the second week of series eight, with their Salsa, and I'm not sure if it was the illegal lift or just the dance, but it was 1 from Craig, and a total score of just 12 points.
- Ann & Anton in the eighth week of series eight, with their Samba, when Ann refused to do some of the basic samba steps because they were too suggestive and Anton had to resort to gold sequin trousers, and it was 1 from Craig again, and a total score of just 13 points.
- Ann & Anton again in the ninth week of series eight, with their Titanic inspired Rumba earned them another 1 from Craig, and a total score of just 14 points.
- Nancy & Anton again in the first week of series nine, with their first dance, the Waltz, suffering from a wardrobe malfunction when the feather fringe detached itself from Nancy's dress and got caught in her feet for the first half of the dance from which the couple never recovered and earned them a 1 from Craig, and a total score of just 12 points.
Who will be next?